January 11, 2014

2/52



"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Lilia:  "Is this really my eraser?!"
Evan: Drawing his next masterpiece and wandering why I keep bringing out my camera.

Sunday night I nestled into bed, sad that the next day ended our much adored days of sleeping in during our relaxing 2 week break. Five minutes later my phone rang....."There will be no school tomorrow due to extreme cold weather".... what? really? .....why yes, I'll take it. We enjoyed 2 extra days of rest, all day pj wearing, hanging out in our home, being lazy and staying warm.


Inspired by Jodi's 52 Project

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the 52 Project -- these are both adorable. And I'm jealous of your cold weather! So hot here in Florida. Glad you got your two extra days in. <3

    Lindsay
    www.youaretheroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh that makes all that cold weather sond glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan looks so much like Scott in this shot it's unbelievable! Do you ever think he has the same expressions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do think he shares some of Scott's expressions!! By the way, visiting Door County this summer would be awesome. I'm hoping to be up with the kids this summer for a few weeks. I need cooler weather and lots of outdoor space. Looking forward to hanging out!!

      Delete
  4. Beautifully captured pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images! It's very hot here, being snuggled up at home from the cold sounds very appealing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a wonderful way to spend the cold days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the light in the second picture. Seems so odd to hear talk of snow, it is sweltering here.

    ReplyDelete